Re: Feature Request: Clean the cache upon device disconnection

Hi François,

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 10:47 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
<luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi François,
>
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 6:42 PM, François Beaufort
> <beaufort.francois@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> As we've discovered recently
>> (https://github.com/thegecko/web-bluetooth-dfu/issues/12#issuecomment-194348474),
>> it looks like BlueZ trunk doesn't clean/update its cache upon device
>> disconnection.
>>
>> Is this on purpose?
>> If not, can it be fixed?
>
> I actually need more info, we do check if the cache is valid on every
> reconnection, can someone provide the HCI trace of the issue perhaps
> it is not using the fixes for the cache that have been merged
> upstream.

There at least 2 important fixes to the cache that where applied upstream:

Author: Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.von.dentz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Mon Feb 15 14:14:31 2016 +0200

    core/device: Fix not clearing Attributes before storing

    This can leave the storage in a bad state if device start changing its
    attributes the old one are never removed as the code reloads them with
    g_key_file_load_from_file.

commit e3c14b2627ed8fd6277a72761539cb54111fc205
Author: Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.von.dentz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Mon Feb 15 13:44:27 2016 +0200

    core/device: Fix not reseting database if attributes cannot be loaded

    If one or more attributes cannot be loaded it means the database is
    probably in a bad state so just clear it so the attributes can be
    discovered again.

If you don't have them it is probably not going to work since the
device appears to be changing its database while win DFU mode.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz