Using bluez 5.37 with Raspberry Pi 3

Hi all,

I tried using bluez 5.37 and compiled it from source. I found that when
hciattach is used, it obviously refers to the wrong firmware directory
when using the BCM43xx chipset. Which is /etc/firmware and should be
/lib/firmware.

I was wondering and downloaded the source of bluez from the distribution
package and took a look at hciattach_bcm43xx.c and found that it was not
patched. And I couldn't find any other definition of FIRMWARE_DIR, that
would point to /lib/firmware.

So how was it done? Since the distribution package of bluez loads the
firmware from /lib/firmware. And then, how can I solve this? Do I have
to patch/change the source code before compiling, or is there a
configure switch (couldn't find something with --help), or would you
suggest to put a symbolic link in /etc/firmware?

Best regards
Mike