Re: Broadcom BCM4324(1) rev B5 chipset - Bluetooth support in Linux Kernel 4.x ?

Hi,

I've been able to continue my investigation and I can confirm that I
am getting the same results on both Linux kernel:
- 4.4 - linux-image-4.4.0-1-amd64 from Debian (v4.4.2-3)
- 4.5 rc4 - linux-image-4.5.0-rc4-amd64 from Debian (4.5~rc4-1~exp1)
and in both cases no error message whatsoever related to Bluetooth.

It seems this BCM4324(1) rev B5 chipset is not initialized from a
Bluetooth point of view, while working great for Wi-Fi.

I've seen recent patches adding support for some devices simply by
adding their respective ACPI ID in hci_bcm.c (BCM2E7C for MacBook
2015, BCM2E65 for the Asus T100TAF, BCM2E54 for the HP Omni 10) so
I've just taken a look at the data listed by the ACPI subsystem on
this tablet:

   $ ls /sys/bus/acpi/devices/BCM* -d1
   /sys/bus/acpi/devices/BCM2E3C:00
   /sys/bus/acpi/devices/BCM2E55:00

Neither of these 2 IDs (BCM2E3C, BCM2E55) is listed in hci_bcm.c. It's
just a guess at this stage but could one of these be the missing
element required in hci_bcm.c to initialize Bluetooth on the Lenovo
ThinkPad 8 Tablet maybe? I don't know if the following commands might
give a hint to filter between the two IDs:

   $ cat /sys/bus/acpi/devices/BCM2E3C\:00/status
   0
   $ cat /sys/bus/acpi/devices/BCM2E55\:00/status
   15

If I can provide more information that would be useful for you, feel
free to ask as I would be glad to help.

Jérôme

P.S. I don't know if I should provide a binary firmware somehow to
trigger its initialization (as I've done for the Wi-Fi part) but I
would expect to see an error message complaining not to find the
required binary file if that was the case.