Re: Bose AE2 SoundLink issues

On søn, feb 14 2016, Emanuele Cozzi <cozziemanuele@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I should say first that I use pulseaudio as the A2DP source for
bluez, and pavucontrol to manage pulseaudio card profiles.

The profiles of Bose AE2 on my machine are "Off", "Headset Head Unit
(HSP/HFP)", "High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink)". I'm using A2DP by
default and selecting HSP/HFP doesnt trigger anything noticable. Audio
still gets transmittet with no clicks or pauses, and no voice in the
headset says anything.

I believe A2DP and HSP/HFP should be mutually exclusive because A2DP is
one way (from laptop to headset). HSP/HFP is two-way, so you can
listen and record audio simultaneously. I believe A2DP use different
codecs as well, but I'm not sure.

You too.