Re: HoG: Report Map Sharing is not Happening all the time.

Hi Prabhu,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 6:52 AM, Prabhu Chawandi <foss.chaws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Luiz,
>
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 6:45 PM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Prabhu,
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Prabhu Chawandi <foss.chaws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>>   In My bluetooth Smart Keyboard sometimes though connection is
>>> established key presses were not being received by application. I
>>> tried running 'evtest' /dev/input/eventX node was not created when the
>>> issue was seen. After some debug I found the Report Maps were not
>>> shared. [i dint see the log when run bluetoothd -d
>>>
>>> 1. Is it necessary to share report map all the time system is reboot ?
>>> 2. is the Report map not cached ? or Cached which system failed to pick ?
>>
>> The report map is lost every time you restart bluetoothd, that is
>> because we only cache attribute handles but not theirs values since it
>> would be way too expensive the read and store everything, so what
>> happens is that during the first time you connect to a HoG peripheral
>> bluetoothd will attempt to read the report map and create the input
>> device but perhaps there is something causing a problem in your case.
>>
>>> Please let me know your views.
>>>
>>> many thanks,
>>> Prabhu Chawandi
>>> --
>>

>> --
>> Luiz Augusto von Dentz
>
> I went through the hcidump
>
> I saw multiple connection and disconnection sequence. In the hcidump
> its saying connection timed out[not sure about the reason]
>
> When disconnection  happens
> < ACL data: handle 68 flags 0x00 dlen 11
>     ATT: Read By Type req (0x08)
>       start 0x0011, end 0x0030
>       type-uuid 0x2803
>> HCI Event: Disconn Complete (0x05) plen 4
>     status 0x00 handle 68 reason 0x08
>     Reason: Connection Timeout

This is probably why it doesn't work, there is a timeout before the
discovery completes, very likely either the local controller or the
remote device is not working properly.

> Supervisory timeout in peripheral is 20.5 Seconds is it not fine ?
> Please let me know is there any parameter I need to configure
> [timeouts] for me ?
>
> After some attempts connection is successful, but I see no report map
> is requested by bluez.
>
> < HCI Command: LE Connection Update (0x08|0x0013) plen 14
>> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
>     LE Connection Update (0x08|0x0013) status 0x00 ncmd 0
>> HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
>     handle 68 packets 1
>> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
>     Unknown (0x00|0x0000) status 0x00 ncmd 1
>> HCI Event: LE Meta Event (0x3e) plen 10
>     LE Connection Update Complete
>       status 0x00 handle 68
>       interval 12.50ms, latency 125.00ms, superv. timeout 20500.00ms

What version of BlueZ are you running? Can you disclose what device is
it that you are trying to make it work?

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz