PS3 remote battery drain

Hi.

I'm currently using the latest OSMC media center (successor of raspbmc)
on the raspberry pi 2.
It uses the bluez packages (5.12 AFAIR) for handling the bluetooth
connections.

Connecting and using the ps3 remote (1st gen) works quite ok with that.
The problem I have is, that the remote doesn't seem to go to standby and
batteries drain very quickly (2-3 weeks).

Before OSMC, I used raspbmc. It had the same problems initially. But a
user named "kitlaan" applied patches
to the original bluez packages to get standby working. After replacing
the original bluez packages with the
patched ones, standby worked and batteries lasted at least 6 months.

One could easily recognize the standby when hitting a button on the
remote. It lagged a second before the button press
went through to kodi. After it had woken up, pressing a button worked
instantly - without a delay.

Back then, the patch used the 4.98 version of bluez. Now I can see that
the latest official bluez version is 5.36.
Now I'm wondering, whether the patches have made it somehow into the
official bluez version.

Testing with 5.12 showed, that standby didn't work as expected. Also
when using a IdleTimeout of 1 minute within
the input.conf.

Basically one can get it to work with that (there are the patches
mentioned):

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sony_PS3_BD_Remote

Does anybody have a clue whether the patches - or some parts of them -
have made it into bluez?

Thanks
Veit