Re: BlueZ: btd_profile callbacks not being triggered properly for LE devices ?

Hi Jakub,

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 6:10 AM, Jakub Pawlowski <jpawlowski@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> struct btd_profile contains folowing callbacks:
> .connect
> .disconnect
> .device_probe
> .device_remove
> .accept
>
> I noticed that those callbacks:
> .device_probe
> .device_remove
> .accept
>
> are called properly, but:
> .connect
> .disconnect
>
> callbacks are not being called at all when LE device disconnected
> itself or was connected or autoconnected back. There is no doc, but
> I'm guessing those should be triggered in this cases, right ? Also,
> when I connect first time to a device, only .accept should be
> triggered, but when I connect next time only .connect ?
> Can you please explain what is the intended order of those callbacks ?
> Then I can fix them if I find some discrepencies from intended
> behaviour.

Actually it is working as intended since for LE the GATT based drivers
are not responsible for the connection management, unless LE CoC is
used. We actually have an item in the TODO to move the connection
management back to core to simplify the drivers.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz