Re: BLE: dbus doesn't show GATT characteristics

Hi Steven,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Steven Davies
<linux-bluetooth-list@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Yes:
>>> ~$ ps aux | grep bluetooth
>>> root      8277  0.0  0.1   4320  2628 ?        Ss   Sep21   0:00
>>> /usr/libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd -E
>> First and most important gatttool shall not be used along with
>> bluetoothd, it is a stand alone tool for testing. That being said you
>> need to connect in order to discover the attribute the remote device
>> has, without that we only know about the UUIDs advertised nothing
>> else.
> Yes - I was using gatttool to prove I could still connect without going
> through bluetoothd. Should I expect the GATT UUIDs, services and so on
> to be available through dbus once I've called Connect on the device?

If you connect using gatttool it will prevent bluetoothd to discover
the attributes.

> What I was seeing yesterday was that after calling Connect the nodes in
> dbus don't change so I still can't see the GATT bits. Is there a code
> path I could look through to see why this is?

Start bluetoothd with -d option for printing the debugs, then start
btmon and finally use bluetoothctl to connect, if all goes fine
bluetoothctl will print the attributes found.

> Thanks
> Steven Davies
> --

Luiz Augusto von Dentz