Re: Understanding connecting to BLE keyboard

Hello all, thank you for your responses so far.

First off, I had not tried entering the PIN, because nothing had
prompted me to do so.  I have intermittently managed to get a PIN
prompt to show up in bluetoothctl now that I am using "agent
KeyboardDisplay" instead of "agent KeyboardOnly", thanks to Szymon's
advice.  However, although it now sometimes prompts me for a PIN code,
other times it doesn't, and I still get "authentication canceled"
errors extremely quickly (less than a second) after attempting to
pair.  Here is an example session, with both bluetoothctl and btmon
output: https://gist.github.com/staticfloat/bbc016376ba5a8ab4451

Secondly, what manual do you refer to?  I am having a difficult time
finding bluez documentation, so if there is a bluez manual somewhere,
I'd love to read it.  If you refer to the manual for my keyboard,
sadly its manual says nothing about Linux.  I can pair it on other
operating systems such as OSX without difficulty (and yes, it requires
entry of a PIN) so I am confident I know the proper method to pair it
with a device.

Thanks!
-E