SEC SEM BV 09, MITM + No Bonding

Hi All,
I am going through Bluez 4.101 qualification process and am stuck with second part of test case SEC SEM BV 09. The test case needs BlueZ to connect to Tester with Authentication requirement 0 (MITM not required + No Bonding). Then have to trigger another L2CAP connection with Authentication requirement 1 (MITM required + No Bonding).

We managed to get through the first part using l2test
l2test -n -P 1 -E
But the second part always does general bonding (Authentication Requirement 5).
l2test -n -S -P 17 -J 2

Can somebody please advise on how to force blueZ to initiate connection with authentication requirement 1 (MITM required + No Bonding)? From the blueZ code, I noticed it follows lead from the remote device. But couldn't find anything obvious when initiating connection.

Many Thanks,
Tony