Re: Problems with incoming connection request on Nexus 4

Hi Adam,

please refrain from top posting on this mailing list.

> For some reason, my 5.28 devices were defaulting to LE mode even though I
> didn't have a main.conf.  Being happy with this, I didn't ask questions
> and likely incorrectly assumed it was because of what I was setting the
> correct bits in the advertising data.
>
> After updating to 5.32, my devices are defaulting to dual mode, according
> to 'btmgmt info'.
>
> After creating a main.conf and setting ControllerMode = le, my 5.32
> devices are now seen as LE only.  This was probably the cause of my issue.
> Would like to know how I was able to get away without a main.conf before
> though.

by default dual-mode controllers should have always set up as BR/EDR and LE enabled. Only after we introduced the ControllerMode main.conf option it was possible to create a LE only mode when running bluetoothd.

The kernel has supported LE only since a long time, but until lately it was manual setup via btmgmt and we only ever used it for testing purposes.

Regards

Marcel