Re: GATT service DBus interface violates DBus spec

Hi Adam,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Adam Moore
<adam.moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ossama, thanks for sharing - I didn¹t have the heart to go down that path
> :)  Nice to have that solution available too.

Ha!  Believe you me, I preferred not going down this path since it
basically reinvents the wheel. but I didn't have much choice at the
time since I needed to get something out the door that didn't rely too
heavily on upstream patches being merged.

> Just a thought - since the Characteristic objects must provide their
> service path via DBus Property, forcing their paths to be children of the
> service path may be redundant, unless some logic is planned to be based on
> the structure of the OM tree in the future.

Agreed.  In this case, I just followed the convention found in the
example hierarchy described in the "GATT Manager Hierarchy" section in
the BlueZ doc/gatt-api.txt document, as well as the hierarchy found in
the BlueZ test/example-gatt-server Python code.  Going with this
hierarchy also mimics the GATT service hierarchy described in the
Bluetooth spec.

Thanks!
-Ossama