Re: Advertising API, possible to set LE only?

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
>>> Thanks a lot for the answer. That is exactly what I need.  However
>>> putting in the main.conf did not really make any reference and trying
>>> the btmgmt returns "Rejected"
>>> [mgmt]# bredr off
>>> Set BR/EDR for hci0 failed with status 0x0b (Rejected)
>>>
>>> Any idea why? Is it controller related?
>>
>> First of all, please don't top-post on this list. I think you need to
>> power off the adapter before you can disable BR/EDR, i.e. "btmgmt power
>> off".

Thanks! This worked well. Any hints for me to track down why
"ControllerMode=le in the [General] section of
/etc/bluetooth/main.conf" did not work fine? Running a shell command
from our software is not a very neat solution.

> actually you need to power off the controller, enable LE and only then you can turn off BR/EDR. Of course you require a dual-mode BR/EDR + LE controller in the first place to do this.

This is also good to know. Thanks! LE was enabled by default so did
not need it this time.