------- Original Message -------
Sender : Jukka Rissanen<jukka.rissanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date : Jun 18, 2015 12:25 (GMT+05:30)
Title : Re: Query regarding IPv6 address configuration for BT 6lowpan
device/interface

Hi Paras,

On to, 2015-06-18 at 10:48 +0530, paras kumar wrote:
> Hi Marcel,
>
> Could you please provide me answer of below query.
>
> When BT 6Lowpan interface is UP after BLE & IPSP L2CAP connection (Say for
> example "bt0").
> I don't find interface is configured with inet6/IPv6 address which should
be
> configured during device initialization.
>
> The snapshot is here:
> sh-4.1# ifconfig
> bt0: flags=4177  mtu 1280
>         unspec 00-02-FA-FF-FE-72-2D-17-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00  txqueuelen
0
> (UNSPEC)
>         RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
>         RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
>         TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
>         TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
>
> My query is how IPv6 address is configured or generated for BT interface?
Or
> the process which should be followed to get IPv6 address configured ?
>
> Please give me some pointer in kernel code also, where to check?
>
> Thanks & regards,
> Paras

See net/bluetooth/6lowpan.c:chan_ready_cb(), it will setup the netdev
and take the interface up. This should then cause the interface to have
the IPv6 link local address properly setup by the kernel.

Cheers,
Jukka