Re: [RFC 3/5] Bluetooth: hci_uart: Add HCIUARTSETBAUDRATE ioctl

Hi Loic,

On 04/03/2015 10:18 AM, Loic Poulain wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> On 03/04/2015 15:45, Peter Hurley wrote:
>> The line discipline is always notified of line rate changes
>> via the set_termios() method, so if you add that to the hci_ldisc,
>> you'll be able to keep the BT device in sync with your
>> vendor-specific commands.
> If I'm not wrong, line discipline is notified after the tty termios change.
> So, it's too late to send the  HCI change speed command.
> Moreover, user space is not aware of the device behavior, the driver should
> be the only one to manage the device and its serial link.
> Here, user space is just a bootstrap which hands over to the driver.

You realize that you're telling me that userspace is unaware of
this in a thread that begins with a proposed userspace ioctl change to
the line discipline? An ioctl change that adds a new ioctl to set the
speed in a line discipline? For which there are already lots of ioctls
to set the line speed?

Setting aside the problem with the firmware load, I see no reason why
this can't be done within the existing line discipline framework.

Regards,
Peter Hurley