Re: Broadcom 43340 BT support

On 03/25/15 00:42, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
Hi Juergen,

I have a laptop (asus x205ta / intel-baytrail) with the broadcom 43340
chipset. However, while wireless is working now, bluetooth is not. I am
running debian jessie 32 bit with kernel 4.0rc4:

root@lina:/home/jba# hciconfig --all
hci0:   Type: BR/EDR  Bus: SDIO
        BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00  ACL MTU: 0:0  SCO MTU: 0:0
        DOWN
        RX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 events:0 errors:0
        TX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 commands:0 errors:0
        Features: 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
        Packet type: DM1 DH1 HV1
        Link policy:
        Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT

can you figure out which driver is claiming that it is SDIO based? I assumed the Baytrail Bluetooth controllers are all attached via UARTs. I didn't know that Broadcom had Bluetooth on SDIO. The WiFi part yes, but the Bluetooth part should be on an UART.

According to documentation SDIO function #3 is providing access to BT over SDIO. However, I did not (yet) come across any device that uses that. I did find some devices where function #3 cis says BT and btsdio claims it, but the BT part is not hooked up to it. So it is either usb or uart. For uart our BT group plans to upstream a new driver (something they never did before), but have not heard much on that recently.

Please also check with "rfkill list" if the device might be blocked.

Arend might know more, but you would need to dig into the list of SDIO devices. Sadly I think Linux does not yet have a lssdio tool. So maybe lshw can get us some info on what the kernel thinks about this device. Alternatively you need to dig you sysfs and look at ACPI. Maybe dmesg reveals something useful.

You can confirm it is function #3 of the same mmc device as wifi, but chances are BT requires the UART driver.

Regards,
Arend

Regards

Marcel