Re: Does obexd support Multi-User

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 3:17 PM, Wu, JiangboX <jiangbox.wu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Marcel,
>
>          As I know the bluetoothd is running on root privilege level, obexd
> is running on app privilege level. The obexd is running on app privilege
> level to support user can only transfer the user’s own file. Maybe it has
> other reasons.
>
> And if the OS has many users can run at the same time. For example. User A
> named ‘blob’, User B named ‘Alice’, and the root. The three user run on OS
> at the time. As mentioned before, can I say that ‘blob’ and ‘Alice’ will
> have its owner obexd daemon? That I mean multi-user. And does it be able to
> use independent?
>
>          For example, ‘blob’ use BlueZ to pair device A, and ‘Alice’ use
> BlueZ to pair device B. Dose ‘blob’ can send/receive file from device A? and
> ‘Alice’ can send/receive file form device B? I test the usage case, and the
> result is that, ‘blob’ and ‘Alice’ can send file to device A and Device B
> simultaneously. But it’s have difference behavior in turn. Only one obexd
> can receive the OPP request, another will never get the OPP request.
>
>          Do you have any idea to support multi-user case by running
> different obexd daemon in the different users? If obexd don’t support
> multi-user, can you give me some sugguestions? Thanks. J

Yes obexd is capable of doing multi-user/multi-instance setups, what
is not able to do is multi-seat if you need server role since there
could be only 1 socket listening in the same channel/psm, for the
client APIs there is no problem if user A connects to device X and
user B to device Y they both can be connected simultaneously.

In terms of device management however you do have a problem, because
in Bluetooth there is only one link-key per device and that is
associated to the adapter, there is no user association and it makes
no sense to do so because the remote device also generates a link-key
as well, so if you want to restrict access of devices per user you
need to do so before it reaches obexd using perhaps a D-Bus daemon
hook to call a process that does keep track of which devices the user
can access.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz