Re: [RFC] need for new scan api for bluetooth low energy.

Hi Marcel,

>> +Advertisement Received Event
>> +==============================
>> +
>> + Event Code: 0x0020
>> + Controller Index: <controller id>
>> + Event Parameters: Address (6 Octets)
>> + Address_Type (1 Octet)
>> + RSSI (1 Octet)
>> + Flags (4 Octets)
>> + AD_Data_Length (2 Octets)
>> + AD_Data (0-65535 Octets)
>
> Device Found event not good enough here? Why would you need a new event with exactly the same parameters?

I guess the idea with this one is that it won't have duplicate
filtering, right? And all AD_IND types will be propagated instead of
just connectable ones, which is how this one differs from Device
Found. And I'm guessing AD_Data here is the data in the advertisement
packet in general as opposed to only being limited to EIR data.
Though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,
Arman