Re: L2CAP socket to HCI handle, opposite possible?

Hello Marcel,

>> Thank you for your suggestions.
>>
>> I notice in `doc/mgmt-api.txt` that there is no mention of updating
>> connection parameters, which is what we're currently aiming to get by
>> tweaking the library used. These parameters include:
>>
>> - min. interval
>> - max. interval
>> - latency
>> - supervisor timeout
>>
>> Is it possible to set connection parameters on BLE connect using the
>> mgmt API? It is possible with `hci_le_conn_create` but not with the
>> opening of an L2CAP socket connection.
>
> if you search the archive there is an API proposal for storing proposed connection parameters and being able to load them back on system start. So that once a peripheral has proposed different connection parameters, they will be horned automatically for the next connection creation.
>
> Changing them on the central independent on what the peripheral wants from us is something that only Bluetooth 4.1 devices with link layer topology are suppose to do and for that a new L2CAP socket option would be needed.

Thanks yet again for your response.

I found that the L2CAP socket open does reuse existing HCI
connections. Therefore one can create a HCI connection, then open a
L2CAP socket to use custom connection parameters.

This has solved our issue for now, though I will definitely keep your
comments in mind for when I next work with low-level BLE.

Thanks and best regards,

Seon-Wook Park