RE: Add SDP discovery support to gatttool with BR

Hi Johan,

bharat.panda@xxxxxxxxxxx; p.sinha@xxxxxxxxxxx; cpgs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Add SDP discovery support to gatttool with BR
>
>Hi Vikram,
>
>On Thu, May 08, 2014, Vikrampal wrote:
>> I am new to BlueZ community. I'd like to contribute to BlueZ
>> community. I went through BlueZ's TODO items.
>> To get started, I have selected adding SDP discovery support to
>> gatttool with BR as my first work.
>>
>> - Add sdp discovery support to gatttool with BR (--sdp, default is
>> 0x1f)
>
>Not sure what exactly you mean here. ATT over BR/EDR uses a fixed PSM so
separate discovery of this is not necessary. The core spec says:

>"The use of a fixed PSM allows rapid reconnection of the L2CAP channel for
Attribute Protocol as a preliminary SDP query is not required."

>Based on git blame this item was added 5th Oct 2010, i.e. in the very early
days of the LE specification. I suspect that there might have been some
confusion regarding >the ATT PSM back then. While this kind of PSM discovery
it's not completely pointless, we don't do it for any other fixed PSM
profiles either (e.g. A2DP & AVRCP) so I >think it's better to spend time on
more valuable tasks instead.

>I've now removed the ATT PSM related items from the TODO file (which btw
could use much more cleanups in general).

>Johan

Thanks for your kind advice. Could you please suggest me as to which all
topics are of more value currently so that
I may pick up one of them as my maiden contribution.

Regards,
Vikram