Re: Problems running the tests in BlueZ 5.18

Hi Sejo,

On Fri, May 02, 2014, Sejo Ruiz wrote:
> This is the first mail that I write to this mailing list, so I'm not
> sure how this works exactly. I need to develop an application with a
> bluetooth dongle that makes use of the thermometer profile. The thing is
> that, after succesfully pair and connect with the device, whenever I try
> to run the test-therometer file, I obtain the following error:
>
> dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod:
> Method "RegisterWatcher" with signature "s" on interface
> "org.bluez.ThermometerManager1" doesn't exist
>
> I have also tested the test-heartrate, and I obtain something similar:
>
> dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod:
> Method "RegisterWatcher" with signature "s" on interface
> "org.bluez.HeartRateManager1" doesn't exist
>
> I have succesfully tested the dongle with bluetoothctl, so I can discard
> hardware compatibilities issues.
> I'd like to know if I'm missing something while running the tests. If
> you need more data, like some configuration files or logs, you can ask
> for it and i'll provide it ASAP.
> Thank you very much for your help.

First thing that comes to mind: have you passed --enable-experimental to
configure when building BlueZ, and have you passed -E to bluetoothd when
running it? At least the former is needed for the thermometer plugin
(about the latter I'm not completely sure).

Johan