Re: [RFC v3] doc: Connection Parameters command and event

Hi Johan,

>>> +Load Connection Parameters Command
>>> +====================================
>>> +
>>> +	Command Code:		0x0031
>>> +	Controller Index:	<controller id>
>>> +	Command Parameters:	Params_Count (2 Octets)
>>
>> 				Param_Count
>>
>>> +				Params1 {
>>
>> 				Param1
>>> +					Address (6 Octets)
>>> +					Address_Type (1 Octet)
>>> +					Min_Connection_Interval (2 Octets)
>>> +					Max_Connection_Interval (2 Octes)
>>> +					Connection_Latency (2 Octets)
>>> +					Supervision_Timeout (2 Octets)
>>> +				}
>>> +				Params2 {  }
>>
>> 				Param2
>>
>> It should be loading multiple sets of parameter. The specification
>> also talks about Connection Parameter as in singular set.
>
> This would be very funny sounding English imo. The specification only
> uses singular for the HCI Commands and Event (where "Connection
> Parameter Request" does sound ok and doesn't mean that we're dealing
> with a single parameter). In the command and event descriptions the spec
> is pretty clear that we're dealing with multiple parameters, e.g.:
>
> (from 7.8.31):
> 	"This indicates that the Host has accepted the remote device’s
> 	request to change connection parameters."
>
> 	"The Interval_Min parameter shall not be greater than the
> 	Interval_Max parameter"
>
> 	"The Timeout parameter shall..."o
>
> (from 7.8.32):
> 	"This indicates that the Host has rejected the remote device’s
> 	request to change connection parameters."
>
> (from 7.7.65.6):
> 	"This event indicates to the master’s Host or the slave’s Host
> 	that the remote device is requesting a change in the connection
> 	parameters."
>
> So imo the spec is pretty clear that we're dealing with multiple
> parameters per device.
>

>>> +New Connection Parameters Event
>>
>> 		Parameter
>
> Nope. We're notifying user space of a new set of multiple parameters.
> Using the singular form here makes this sound quite funny. If you had
> just one parameter then we wouldn't even name the event like this but
> directly spell out which parameter is in question (e.g. "New Connection
> Latency Event").
>
> If you don't believe me feel free to get another opinion from a native
> English speaker ;)

all of our commands are containing multiple parameters, but I do not like the wording of making it all plural. The notification event should be singular and the loading command should be plural. For me it is always a set of multiple individual parameters that make up the command and event.

Regards

Marcel