Re: [bluez-5.14] connect fails with 'org.bluez.Error.NotAvailable'

Hi Tobias,

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014, Tobias Jakobi wrote:
> I think I isolated the issue. The problem is that the profiles that are
> associated to the NAP, PANU and GN services haven't got the auto_connect
> flag set.
>
> So during connect_profiles() they're never considered, and there is no
> way to change this via the cmdline tools. Which effectively disables
> this functionality.
>
> Maybe the DBus interface can change these setting for built-in profiles,
> but you honestly can't expect the enduser to fiddle around with that.

There is actually another D-Bus method that can be used to connect any
profile, regardless of the auto_connect value: Device1.ConnectProfile().

The test-device script already supports it by doing something like
"test-device connect <addr> nap" instead of "test-device connect <addr>".
I think it might be a good idea to extend bluetoothctl to support the
same.

Johan