Re: BUG: l2cap and rfcomm bind with 0 psm or channel no longer allocate

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 02, 2014, Johan Hedberg wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 01, 2014, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> > b783fbc Bluetooth: Refuse peer L2CAP address reading when not connected
> > 35364c9 Bluetooth: Refuse peer RFCOMM address reading when not connected
> >
> > The reason these break things is that they limit peer address checking
> > to connected sockets, btio's get_peers() function is calling both
> > getsockname() and getpeername(), bailing out if either fails, before
> > checking what option is being checked for.
> >
> > Smells more like a bluetoothd fix, but I don't like the idea of
> > earlier versions of bluetoothd breaking on newer kernels.
>
> Indeed. If not a bug it's at the very least bad design of BtIO (which
> I'm to blame of) and now we're stuck suffering the results from that
> since we can't really have the kernel break user space in this way.
>
> We can (and probably should) fix this BtIO behavior, but at the same
> time I think these checks must unfortunately be removed from the kernel
> side before 3.15 goes out.

FWIW, for the user space side this should now be fixed. It could use a
bit more testing though, however at least with our test-profile script
the RFCOMM channel auto-allocation and resulting SDP record seems to be
fine.

Johan