Re: PATCH hid2hci for CSR 8510 A10

Hi Johan,

On Fr, 2014-03-28 at 21:49 +0200, Johan Hedberg wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014, Gordon wrote:
> > some time ago I sent a patch attached to following mail.
> >
> > On Mo, 2013-12-30 at 22:59 +0100, Gordon wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Could someone please review.
> >
> > I didn't get a reply yet. Since it has been my first mail to this list I
> > wonder whether there is anything wrong with this request, or just nobody
> > is interested ?
>
> A couple of things regarding the presentation of the patch should at
> least be fixed:
>
>  - Send it as a proper git patch, i.e. using git commit, format-patch
>    and send-email

ok, will try.

>  - Try to follow the bluez.git coding style which is roughly the same as
>    the Linux kernel coding style. I realize the rest of hid2hci.c is
>    probably the worst reference for good BlueZ coding style (being one
>    of the oldest pieces of code with very little maintenance over the
>    years).

thanks for the detailed remarks, although removed from the reply, I will
address them.

> > +		//unable to detect EALREADY
>
> We don't generally use C++ style comments in the tree. Prefer /* .. */
> where possible. In this case I'd elaborate the comment a bit since I
> don't quite understand what it means.

I am not sure, other functions in hid2hci presumably return this when
the device is already in the mode that should be switched to.

> > +	case HID:
> > +		// currently unknown what to do here

the method for switching back to hid mode is unknown, should I remove
the cases or just be more verbose in the comments ?

Thanks,

Gordon