Re: Passive scanning of iBeacons results in a "Data Buffer Overflow"

> I didn't notice that you were using Raspberry PI... To rule out USB
> power issues, can you try attaching a powered USB hub on the RPi, and
> then attach your BT dongle on it?
>
> I always had strange/random problems on RPi with USB HW plugged
> directly on the USB port (except for pen drives, which work fine),
> even for devices which supposedly draw very little current.
>
> Given that you are disabling duplicate filtering, every single
> Advertising packet is arriving at the host, so it is certainly using
> more power. Just not sure if that is the cause.

Same thing happens with a powered hub (with both WiFi and BT dongles plugged into the hub).

But I guess even if it was a USB issue, it would be caught earlier? The advertisement packets have a certain preamble, and a CRC, so the shifted data would be discarded? Anyway, that doesn’t seem to be the cause.

Adam

--
Adam Warski

http://twitter.com/#!/adamwarski