Re: Receiving data in BLE non-connectable undirected advertisements

Adam,

thanks for your answer!

On 28.02.2014 15:13, Adam Warski wrote:
If you want to see the raw advertisement packets, run:
1st terminal: hcidump -R
2nd terminal: hcitool lescan
The raw dump will contain the advertisement data.

# hcidump -R
HCI sniffer - Bluetooth packet analyzer ver 5.14
device: hci0 snap_len: 1500 filter: 0xffffffffffffffff

### start "hcitool lescan"

< 01 0B 20 07 01 10 00 10 00 00 00
> 04 0E 04 01 0B 20 00
< 01 0C 20 02 01 01
> 04 0E 04 01 0C 20 00

### power-on sensortag

> 04 3E 14 02 01 03 00 7D 8A 0B AF 59 90 08 02 01 04 04 FF 01
  02 03 B7

### power-cycle sensortag

<nothing>

So it seems like hcitool must first tell bluez to listen for advertisement packets. Is there documentation/samples on how to do this with python or C? Any other programs that do this, so I can read their source?

Also, only the first advertisement of the SensorTag is shown. While that probably makes sense for traditional advertisements, my use case requires that all advertisements are shown, as I'm trying to transmit low-rate data from the tag's sensors in the advertisements.

Do you have some hints concerning the easiest way to receive and process those advertisements, preferably without the hassle of user-interaction and multiple terminals?

Cheers,
ben