BUG REPORT: Bluetooth LE HID keyboard key stays pressed when device disappears

Hi everybody !

First of all thanks for the bluez library and hid over gatt profile. I am developping a special purpuse keyboard and am using Linux as test platform. There is not much of the systems available for real life testing and luckily Linux does work well.

While developping, my firmware is ofcourse buggy and this helped me to uncover one of the bluez HoG profile feature that will have unpleasant result- the key stays pressed when bluetooth device disappears.

1. My device is sending key press, release and/or anotherkey press notification when something happens with the keyboard. 2. It is possible that my device will disappear after sending key press event. So far I have seen debug trap causing such thing- after the key press is sent, the firmware stops working. I believe such situation can happen even with firmware that does function correctly. I can imagine sudden power loss / battery failure e.t.c. 3. The result will be, that the key stays pressed and repeated entry will run where ever the keyboard focus will be placed.
4. By killing bluetoothd, the key will be released.

I believe the situation is rather complex, as the keyboard is not the only HID device possible. I will be available if needed.

I am using bluez-5.14-1.fc20.x86_64
and kernel-3.13.3-201.fc20.x86_64
at the moment.

Best Regards ...