BLE Peripheral on Ubuntu

My goal is to be able to use a USB-BT adapter and make it behave like
a BLE peripheral.

So far I have been able to do LE advertising on it but would want to
add GATT services for this device.
I am unable to find documentation on how to control this as a BLE
Peripheral.Can someone point me to this?

- Is there currently a tool (opposite of  gatttool) that I can use to
publish services and characteristics ?

- My version of bluez is4.98-2ubuntu7 . I tried to upgrade to the
latest but it complains about D-BUS version being <Ver 1.6. My version
of DBUS  is  1.4.18
My question is if the GATT server support is present at the user level
using my version of 4.98-2ubuntu7?

Thanks for your help.