Re: BLE for Android

Hi all,
Thank you Luiz and Andrei for your responses.

@Andrei : I am aware that the latest android version supports "as best
as it can" BLE. But I have a constaint to use 4.1 Android only.

That lead us to my second question : what should I do to add such support ?

If I have understood correctly the HAL Bluetooth (in Bluez package) is
different from Android HAL.
so to have BLE support in Android 4.1 I have to:

1- Adding the last Bluez package and compile it.
2- make changes to Android Bluetooth HAL or just add a JNI interface
wrapping the Bluetooth HAL one ?
3- make changes to system service to support BLE.
4- make changes to Android SDK to export these changes to developpers.

Is it correct ? is there more straightforward way ?
especially about the second point and the confusion between Bluetooth
HAL and Android HAL.
Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Bilel