Re: Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.NotReady

On Fri, 2013-12-13 at 15:09 -0200, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> Hi Brian,

Hi Anderson,

> Since BlueZ 5, the adapter power state (on/off) is not saved anymore
> by bluetoothd (on BlueZ 4, there were InitiallyPowered/RememberPowered
> options in main.conf that took care of powering up adapters; these
> options are gone in BlueZ 5). There should be an external component
> that takes care of powering up the adapter after it is attached.

Interesting.  I wonder if F20 itself is supposed to be doing this or if
it's expecting the desktop (i.e. via applet or whatever) to do it.

> As Bastien mentioned, it is built-in for GNOME.

Ahh.

> I don't use GNOME,

Me either.  I use MATE.  GNOME[3] is incapable of handling my video
configuration.  GNOME2 and thus MATE handles it just fine, FWIW.

> but
> in theory, once you enable Bluetooth on its settings, the adapter will
> be powered on once it is attached.

So, it seems that F20 *is* expecting the desktop model to handle that.

I wonder what the model is supposed to be for the likes of MATE.  I'm
not at all convinced that the MATE that's in F20 has been
bluetooth-enabled to handle this.

Cheers,
b.