API documentation for BLE?

Hello everybody,

Starting on Monday, I will need to implement BLE Central capabilities
into a Linux app. On Mac/iOS I have a CoreBluetooth for this. But on
Linux, I wouldn't know where to start. So far, this is my only lead.

I have found some online description to libbluetooth-dev, but it's
pretty old, and does not include anything about BLE. So I'd appreciate
whomever can get me going.

1. Is this the right place? Do I need libbluetooth-dev to create a BLE
capable app?

2. Is there any documentation about this API? Since BT and BLE have
different semantics, I am guessing the BT-related documentation is not
the one I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance!

Tim