Re: fail to configure and compile the source of bluez-5.7

Hi Atar,

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-bluetooth-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-bluetooth-
owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of atar
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 10:06 AM
To: linux-bluetooth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: fail to configure and compile the source of bluez-5.7

Hi there!!

My machine is running Debian Wheezy from the live-boot Debian project which
is installed on my USB stick.

I've downloaded from bluez.org the source of the 5.7 package but when I ran ./configure on it, it emitted an error message at the bottom of all the messages
saying:

> "checking for GLIB... no
> configure: error: GLib >= 2.28 is required"

This, although I've the glib libraries installed.

How can this problem be solved?

Check the version of the glib library installed, you could use "apt-cache show <glib>"

If you need to know the actual package name for glib, do "apt-cache search glib" and find out the right package, you could replace that in the above line.

If version installed is less than required, you will have to install the later versions, the corresponding glib images can be downloaded from Ubuntu repositories...

Thanks in advance!!

atar.

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.

www.accenture.com

Hi Kumar!

the command 'apt-cache search glib' produces a lot of output. I can't figure out which line is really related to the glib library in question. please help.

Thanks in advance!!

atar.