Re: Bluez 5.3: Failed to connect to speaker (Unable to select SEP)

Hi Luiz,

2013/4/9 Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Om Huang <dendrobium0093@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to use bluez-5.3 to connect to a Bluetooth speaker. My
>> computer is ubuntu-12.10 x86_64 with Linux 3.5.0. The bluez source was
>> downloaded from http://www.bluez.org/release-of-bluez-5-3/
>
> Then you need BlueZ 5 patches to PulseAudio to make it work, there is
> a experimental tree here (if you are brave enough to try):
>
> github.com/mastiz/pulseaudio-bluez5.git

Thanks for your help. But I still have a question. When I was using
bluez 4, I can connect to my speaker by using org.bluez.Device.Connect
without installing pulseaudio. Pulseaudio can be installed after bluez
4 connects to my speaker. However, when I use
org.bluez.Device1.Connect or org.bluez.Device1.ConnectProfile in bluez
5 without pulseaudio, "unable to select SEP" appears and connection
losts. Is it necessary to install pulseaudio-bluez5 for bluez 5 to
connect to a speaker?
Thank you.

--
Om Huang