Re: obexd questions

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Zheng, Wu <wu.zheng@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I meet some questions to use bluez's OPP profiles. Please help.
>
> 1. When opp client sends files and opp server receives files, opp client and opp server uses the same transfer dbus name "org.bluez.obex.Transfer1" .

org.bluez.obex.Transfer1 is the interface name not the bus name which
is fine to be reused, objects path in the other hand cannot be reused.

> How can application know the transfer is sending file or receiving file?

There is no property for transfer direction although the application
starting the transfer should know about it we should probably add a
property that have this info.

> Can the different transfer dbus names be used for opp client and opp server?

There is only one bus name, org.bluez.obex, what I think you are
referring to is having different session/transfer object paths, that
is something I just realize needs fixing since server and client code
are not aware of each other sessions and transfers.

> 2. I check the function of "create_session" in obexd/client/Manager.c in Bluez.
>
> When session creates successfully, "create_session" returns NULL.
>
> I can't get session info (such as session path and so on) after "create_session".
>
> Is it right? Thanks.

create_session returns NULL because it is async, we reply on
create_callback, but that is not a problem, the real problem is that
objects path from client and server can clash and that is a bug.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz