Re: Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode) causing crashes

On 03/20/2013 05:45 PM, Christopher Waid wrote:
On 03/20/2013 02:57 PM, Gustavo Padovan wrote:
* Christopher Waid <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2013-03-20 14:13:14 -0400]:

On 03/18/2013 03:13 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 02:57:43PM -0400, Christopher Waid wrote:
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd
Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

Code for a CSR bluetooth chipset appears broken in recent kernel
releases. After a device is paired the kernel panics. This has been
tested with a dozen USB dongles / systems and is consistently a
problem. On the rare occasion it might not cause a kernel panic
although it will definitely still crash after a few minutes. This
does not happen with older kernel releases.
What kernel version is crashing, and what is the exact text of the
kernel panic?
It goes black and disappears off the screen with a lot of other text
so I'm unsure.
This text you are seeing in probably the crash dump of the failure, could you try to take a picture of the screen so we can check if there is some useful
information there.

Also if the kernel doesn't panic instantly you could check if there is some issue in the kernel log after pairing and save it somewhere so we can take a
look. Use the 3.8 kernel.

I'm attaching kern.log and a picture of the screen when it crashes / dumps.

I was wondering if anybody had a chance to look into this. I don't seem to be on the mailing list even though I attempted to subscribe.