Re: Wii Balance Board vs. bluez

Hi David,

On 17.09.2012 11:47, David Herrmann wrote:
On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Florian Echtler <floe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
never mind - I tested my patch again and noticed that the driver wasn't able
to read all 24 calibration bytes in one go, which was the root cause for not
getting any data (I am simply disabling the extension when not getting
proper calibration data).
Thanks! I have both patches ready for submission. However, could you
actually tell me in what range data is submitted? As I said, I cannot
test these patches. But looking at the code, you get 16bit per value
raw input. You then calculate the per-kg value and multiply it by
17kg. So I guess you fill up the whole 16bit?
Your second patch does not adjust the MIN/MAX values for the ABS_HATXY
values and I am just looking for good values here.
OK, I see - the advertised maximum weight for the balance board is 150 kg. In theory, that would mean that every one of the 4 sensors can take up to 150 kg (if a very heavy person is standing on one foot right in the corner), which would translate to an absolute maximum value of 15000. In "unweighted" state, my balance board reports slightly negative values for some sensors, so a minimum of perhaps -500 would be appropriate.

Thanks for integrating my patch!

Florian
--
SENT FROM MY PDP-11