Re: no security block - but connection still gets refused

Hi Vinicius,

Am 28.05.2012 19:39, schrieb Vinicius Costa Gomes:
Hi Steffen,

On 12:24 Mon 28 May, Steffen Becker wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I searched for an answer the whole last time, but I didn't gained
any new information - so I hope you can help me to solve my problem.
I have two gentoo-PCs with a Bluetooth3.0-Dongle at each PC.
I have installed net-wireless/bluez with "test-programs" USE-Flag.
I tried to connect them via
# bluez-test-serial<remote address>
and
# bluez-test-network<remote address>

First important question:
How do I have to use this commands? Are these "standalone" commands
or do I have to use some "additional" command, e.g. some kind of
"listen"-command at the remote device?
Short answer: something like it.

Long answer: For example, for network: the server side needs two pieces
of information from the user before it can be usable, a type of service
that the user wants to use (PAN, GN, NAP) and a bridge interface to
connect to. Usually, this is something that your connection manager
(ConnMan, Network Manager) does. See doc/network-api.txt (in the bluez
sources).

The serial service is similar, the user needs to inform the server which
serial port he wants to export via Bluetooth.

Those test scripts only have the client side of things.

Next big thing:
I always got a "security block"-issue while tried to connect. I
searched your mail-archive&  you told me, this problem is solved in
kernel 3.3 and later.
I installed kernel 3.4 and - hooray - no "security block" anymore!
*But* the connection still doesn't work. I connect them - they are
connected for about 2 seconds - then connection is refused.
So I really hope you can have a look at the following lines and tell
me how to solve this problem.

PS:
I'm sorry for wasting your time, but this case isn't "just for fun
for me"; it's important that it works. So I even would donate/pay
something if you can help me solve this problem.

Here is what I get when I use test-network:

# bluez-test-network 00:02:72:AE:58:73 NAP

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/bluez-test-network", line 40, in<module>
     device = adapter.FindDevice(address)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line
70, in __call__
     return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line
145, in __call__
     **keywords)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line
651, in
call_blocking
     message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.bluez.Error.DoesNotExist: Does Not Exist
 From this and the hcidump, the answer is that it could not find a
server running in the remote side (i.e. the SDP service search returned
nothing).

[snip]

Thanks for your answer!
I tried out what you said (installed NetworkManager), but nothing changed. Can you please have a look and tell me what I did wrong?
This is what i've done:

# hciconfig hci0 piscan
# sdptool add NAP
# /etc/init.d/NetworkManager start
# /etc/init.d/dbus start
# bluez-test-network <remote-address> NAP

But nothing changed, the error message after the last command is still the same. I believe, at the remote device I have to do some kind of "respone" or "listen"-command... but I don't know how.
Hope you can help me in this case.

Regards,
Steffen