Successful test / Thank you / Donation

Dear developers,

I run Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit. I recently added bluetooth to my laptop because I wanted to mess around with bluetooth presence. I bought a Sitecom CN-516 (http://tinyurl.com/c8vxzcl) without really knowing whether it would work (and of course, the ebay vendor didn't either). I plugged it in, and it just worked. I was able to see and mess around with my phone.

Last week I bought a Jawbone Jambox (http://jawbone.com/speakers/jambox/overview) too. I was expecting a couple hours of messing around with RFCOMM channels and stuff, but I was wrong. It was found, connected to, and added to the audio subsystem as an output without a hitch, and without the command line. Switching it to A2DP, the quality was excellent.

Thank you so much for your hard work. That kind of "just works" is invaluable to me as a busy person. I understand that some credit goes to the Gnome team and Ubuntu too, but I also understand there's a lot of unglamorous stuff underneath that you guys have done.

You have mentioned on your site that donations would be welcome, but have not given any further details. Please let me know if there is a piece of hardware I can buy for you. I would love someone else to have the experience I had.

Regards,
--
Ian Gibbs
flash666@xxxxxxxxx