Re: [Q] Crappy bluetooth usb adapter is timing out

Hi,

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Ezequiel Garcia <elezegarcia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I get this message:
> "Can't init device hci0: Connection timed out (110)"
>
> I've tracked this down to hciconfig.c, when it calls
> HCIDEVUP ioctl.
>
> I just wanted to know if I'm doing anything wrong, and
> if I can raise any timer value, so I don't get the timeout error.

So, I was just looking at HCIDEVUP ioctl on my kernel code, and it seems
that the timer value is controlled by "HCI_INIT_TIMEOUT" macro,
and that macro is currently set to 10 seconds.

Now, 10 seconds looks like more than reasonable to me, so I guess
the smart solution is to just re-try the operation.

FWIW, does any of you ever experience this kind of issue?
I would like to know in what ways is my device crappy ;)

Thanks,
Ezequiel.