Re: Can't connect Bluetooth Devices

Hi Steffen,

On Thu, May 03, 2012, Steffen Becker wrote:
> >A linkkey is created during the pairing procedure, just pair your
> >devices and you will be done.
> >And let only bluetoothd touch the /var/lib/bluetooth
> >directory, don't touch there yourself.
> >
> >	Gustavo
>
> Thanks for your fast reply, but that's exactly what I don't know:
> How can I pair my devices?

You pair using the CreatePairedDevice D-Bus method that BlueZ provides.
There are various front-ends that you can use to call this method. If
you've got GNOME installed then a pairing wizard should be just a few
mouse clicks away through the Bluetooth icon in the upper right-hand
corner. If you've only got the command line you can use e.g. the
simple-agent python script (under the test subdirectory):

	test/simple-agent hci0 <remote address>

Btw, is there something that the network plugin (which you can operate
using e.g. test/test-network) doesn't provide but pand does? We'll
probably remove pand from the source tree along with BlueZ 5.0 so it'd
be good to know any deficiencies it has.

Johan