Re: Google Summer of Code: Accepted Students Announced

On 26 April 2012 02:08, Anton Weber <anton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 25 April 2012 05:12, Gustavo Padovan <gustavo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> Yesterday Google released the accepted students for this year’s Google Summer
>> of Code and BlueZ will be participating with 4 students:
>>
>> Project: Bluetooth Replayer
>> Student: Anton Weber
>> Mentor: Anderson Lizardo
>>
>> Project: OBEX Filesystem In Userspace
>> Student: Michał Poczwardowski
>> Mentor: Vinicius Gomes
>>
>> Project: Implement AVRCP 1.3 Controller Role
>> Student: Rafael Fonseca
>> Mentor: Luiz Augusto von Dentz
>>
>> Project: Visualization of Bluetooth traffic
>> Student: Thiago da Silva Arruda
>> Mentor: Gustavo Padovan
>>
>> It is now community bonding time, where students get know their mentors and the
>> community. As their first task they will be sending introduction e-mails to
>> this list about theirselves and their projects.
>>
>> We wish a great summer to all students. :-)
>>
>>        Gustavo
>> --
>
> Hey everyone and thanks for the warm welcome!
>
> I'm Anton Weber and I'm an undergrad student in Computer
> Science/Embedded Systems at the University of Applied Sciences in
> Osnabrück.
> Although I'm currently finishing off my degree in the UK as part of an
> exchange programme for my final year.
>
> I'll be implementing the "Bluetooth Replayer", a tool that can replay
> hcidump logs on a VHCI interface to simulate real hardware.
> You will find me in the #bluez and #bluez-gsoc channel under the nick
> antweb_. Feel free to contact me there or via email!
>
> Really looking forward to working with my mentor and the BlueZ community.
> This is my first time I applied GSoC, so I'm more than excited to get started!
>
> Best,
> Ant
> --

Hello BlueZ Community,

My name's Michał Poczwardowski, student from Poland (UTC+2), my
nickname is dmp and I will code during this summer for BlueZ :)

I'm undergraduate Engineer in Computer Science. I've been studying at
Technical University of Gdańsk (4th year) and successfully
participated in last year’s GSoC for Tcl/Tk Community.

My project is "OBEX FIlesystem In Userspace". Here is a short
description taken from my proposal: FUSE allows to create filesystems
in userspace and gobex, the OBEX library used by obexd, allows to
operate with files on obex server. The goal is to connect these two
powers. Prepared solution will allow to mount obex device and access
them like they were in the local filesystem.

I'm glad that my application has been accepted and thanks for the warm welcome.

Thanks,
Michal

dmp@freenode