Re: Lenovo W510 Bluetooth Controller stopped working in 3.4-rc1

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:34:00 +0300, Johan Hedberg wrote:

I don't think that commit or that module parameter has anything to do
with this.

Actually, i didn't respond again due to the embarrassing fact that i added the parameter to the wrong module. After adding bluetooth.enable_hs=1 to the kernel commandline (bluetooth is compiled in here), it worked again.

What user space version are you using?

bluez version 4.98

What do you mean by
"vanished without any trace"? Does hciconfig -a or hciconfig hci0 not
show anything?

no, and no, and neither anything in dmesg other then that the module was loaded.

If this is related to mgmt being now enabled by default
could you try running user space with "bluetoothd -P mgmtops"?

Not sure if that does any good, since adding the parameter did the job, and my /usr/lib/bluetooth/plugins/ is empty. Let me know if you still think this helps debugging, then i'll try later.

thanks