Re: [RFC] BITE test case TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C fails

Hi Hemant,

> I have found a regression issue with latest kernel code. I am trying
> to execute the test case for GAP TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C using BITE.
> Below is the test purpose
>
> 5.4.4.6 TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C Security Mode 4 - Master
> Verify that the IUT disconnects the connection if the initiating side
> sends the L2CAP_ConnectReq without first enabling encryption. IUT has
> 2.1 Host and 2.1 Con-troller. Tester has 2.1 Host and 2.1 Controller.
>
> As per my analysis,
> 1) Host is sending HCI Disconnect request before L2CAP_ConnectReq is
> sent from BITE Tester (It sends it after 5 seconds).
> 2) This HCI Disconnect is initiated after 4 secs (approx), from host
> side, since there is no other request received from Remote side after
> creating ACL.
>
> static inline void hci_conn_put(struct hci_conn *conn)
> {
> 			if (conn->state == BT_CONNECTED) {
> 				timeo = msecs_to_jiffies(conn->disc_timeout);
> 				if (!conn->out)
> 					timeo *= 2;
> }
>
> Here conn->disc_timeout = HCI_DISCONN_TIMEOUT = 2 Secs.
>
> I checked that this timeout has been changed in new kernel, and
> earlier code, the mulitplication factor for incoming connection was
> timeo *= 5 (20 even before).
>
> After increasing the timeout for hci disconnect to more than 5
> seconds, test case TP/SEC/SEM/BV-10-C passes.
> Could you confirm if this is acceptable fix to pass the test case.

can we get the BITE tester fixed. It is stupid that it waits 5 seconds
before sending the L2CAP_Connect_Req. File an errata against the BITE
tester.

I know that we passed this test case before and I tracked the timeout
change back to a commit from me from 2009:

commit 052b30b0a8eec8db5b18ad49effdf2a9ba4c1e1a