Re: [RFC 2/3] Bluetooth: Add dst_type parameter to hci_connect

Hi Andre,

> > On Tue, Mar 27, 2012, Andre Guedes wrote:
> >> +             le->dst_type = (dst_type == MGMT_ADDR_LE_RANDOM) ?
> >> +                             ADDR_LE_DEV_RANDOM : ADDR_LE_DEV_PUBLIC;
> >
> > You might want to make a simple helper function for the type conversion.
> >
> > Also, I'm not so sure it's a good idea to directly reuse mgmt API
> > defines for the L2CAP socket interface. The values may in the end be the
> > same but probably there should be separate defines in l2cap.h.
>
> I'm not sure too.
>
> I think it would be better we define address type macros in
> bluetooth.h and replace its prefix by BDADDR_TYPE_. So we would have
> something like this in bluetooth.h:
>
> +/* BD Address type */
> +#define BDADDR_TYPE_BREDR      0x00
> +#define BDADDR_TYPE_LE_PUBLIC  0x01
> +#define BDADDR_TYPE_LE_RANDOM  0x02
> +#define BDADDR_TYPE_INVALID    0xff

what is INVALID for? That seems like a pointless value to have.

> What do you think?

I also get the feeling that these are a bit long. What is the benefit of
using BDADDR_TYPE_ namespace. Would not something like this be better:

	BDADDR_BREDR     0x00
	BDADDR_LE_PUBLIC 0x01
	BDADDR_LE_RANDOM 0x02

Regards