Re: [RFC] Bluetooth: don't increment twice in eir_has_data_type()

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 07:06:32PM -0300, Johan Hedberg wrote:
> Looks like the original code is indeed buggy, no idea how I didn't
> notice something that obvious. Your patch does however seem to change
> the behavior a bit, a valid tag would be detected even though its length
> would be invalid (pointing outside of the supplied data). Not sure if
> that's so critical though since the important thing is to keep the code
> from doing anything nasty when supplied invalid data.

We should check the length.  It will just cause headaches if we
don't.

It would be simple enough for me to put back the check I removed
from the middle of the loop.  But the thing is I wasn't sure how all
the + 1 and - 1 things fit together so I didn't feel good about
signing off on this.  Could you send a patch?  That way I get a
reported-by tag but if there are any problems you get blamed while I
deny knowing anything about it.  ;)

regards,
dan carpenter