Re: [RFC BlueZ 3/3] core: Add Interfaces property to org.bluez.Device

Hi Anderson,

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Anderson Lizardo
<anderson.lizardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Luiz,
>
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:07 AM, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> <luiz.dentz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz <luiz.von.dentz@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> This enables applications to be able to detect when an interface is
>> enabled/disabled without depending on UUIDs.
>> ---
>>  doc/device-api.txt |    4 ++++
>>  src/device.c       |   27 ++++++++++++++++++++++-----
>>  2 files changed, 26 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
>
> I thought it was possible to achieve this by using D-Bus listeners?
> E.g. similar to g_dbus_add_service_watch()

Afaik there is no such thing as introspection data changed or anything
like that, we could in theory have local listeners, but at least in
BlueZ there is no much use for them since it is not really dynamic
after drivers are loaded, but perhaps for oFono and others it could be
useful to have some way to watch when interfaces changes.

In case of oFono it does that by having e.g.
ofono_modem_add_interface/ofono_modem_remove_interface.

> What happens when the interface is unregistered with
> g_dbus_unregister_interface() ?

This should only be the case when removing the object so the driver
.remove is called which then calls g_dbus_unregister_interface.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz