Re: [RFC BlueZ 00/22] Using clang for compiling BlueZ

Hi Vinicius,

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012, Vinicius Costa Gomes wrote:
> After hearing so much about LLVM/Clang[1][2], I decided to give it a
> try on a project that I care about and see how would it go. The first
> step was cleaning all the warnings that it could find. This is the
> result.
>
> One thing that I really liked was that the warnings are useful, making
> it very easy to make these changes. In my opinion, Clang is worth
> trying for this feature alone.
>
> As a bonus point, we can now use Clang static analyzer on our code
> base, if someone wants to take a look at what it looks like, here's an
> example[3]. The analyzer still doesn't catch everything that paid
> alternatives do but it is improving.
>
> --
> [1] http://llvm.org/
>
> [2] http://clang.llvm.org/
>
> [3] http://littlechina.org/~vcgomes/bluez-static-analysis/2012-02-10-1/
>

> Vinicius Costa Gomes (22):
>   lib: Add functions to deal with unaligned access without conversion
>   lib: Add functions to storing values in unaligned places
>   lib: Fix the unaligned memory "getters" not receiving a const pointer
>   tools: Fix using old-style initializers
>   sap: Fix clang compiler warnings related to unaligned memory access
>   lib: Fix using old-style initializers
>   sdp: Fix clang compiler warnings related to unaligned memory access
>   l2test: Fix clang compiler warning related to unaligned memory access
>   rctest: Fix clang compiler warnings related to unaligned memory
>     access
>   dun: Fix using old-style initializers
>   scotest: Fix clang compiler warnings related to unaligned memory
>     access
>   ipctest: Fix using the format specifier "as"
>   audio: Fix clang compiler warnings related to unaligned memory access
>   audio: Fix clang compiler warnings regarding implicit enum conversion
>   sap: Fix compiler warnings related to unaligned memory access
>   network: Fix clang compiler warnings related to unaligned memory
>     access
>   mgmtops: Fix doing a useless memset()
>   adaptername: Fix clang warning related to unaligned memory access
>   sdp: Fix clang compiler warnings related to unaligned memory access
>   hciconfig: Fix using old-style initializers
>   hciconfig: Fix compiler warnings related to unaligned memory access
>   hciemu: Fix clang compiler warnings related to unaligned memory
>     access
>
>  audio/avrcp.c         |    8 ++--
>  audio/sink.c          |    4 +-
>  audio/sink.h          |    2 +-
>  audio/source.c        |    4 +-
>  audio/source.h        |    2 +-
>  compat/dun.c          |    4 +-
>  lib/bluetooth.h       |  124 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
>  lib/hci.c             |    4 +-
>  lib/sdp.c             |   66 +++++++++++++-------------
>  network/server.c      |    8 ++--
>  plugins/adaptername.c |    2 +-
>  plugins/mgmtops.c     |    4 --
>  sap/sap-u8500.c       |   10 ++--
>  sap/server.c          |   10 +---
> [...]

I've applied the patches which fulfilled the following criteria:

- Made sense
- No objections from me or Marcel
- Applied cleanly
- No compiler warnings or errors introduced

This amounted to the following patches: 4, 6, 10, 14, 16, 17, 20 and 21.

Johan