Re: [RFC BlueZ 0/4] Add hciops_allow_sniff to disable and restore LMP_SNIFF bit

Hi Dmitriy,

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Dmitriy Paliy <dmitriy.paliy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following set of patches introduces disabling/enabling sniff bit
> in link policy settings. Further, the sniff mode is than disallowed
> while SCO channel is open.
>
> This helps to avoid problems in instability in some of TI controllers
> firmware when sniff request comes from remote device during an active
> call. Real impact is that controller becomes unconnectable eventhough
> page scan is enabled.
>
> Any comments, and possibly ideas, would be highly appreciated.

It looks like we would need a new command/operation to support it on
mgmt which is not addressed by your patches, in the other hand perhaps
this could be done automatically by the kernel when SCO is active.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz