Re: Bluetooth audio skipping

Hi Michael,

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Michael Maddern
<michael.maddern@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure I'm supposed to be posting here, but on bluez.org both
> the development and user mailings lists point here.
>
> I'm having problems getting bluetooth audio (a2dp) to work without
> stuttering, skipping, speeding up etc. I'm using bluetooth speakers
> (Creative D100). It works okay if it is right next to my laptop, but
> when I touch the speaker or move it more than about 1 meter, it starts
> stuttering.

I have the D100 and haven't noticed such a problem.

> The bluetooth adapter is a Broadcom BCM2070 (which is a class 1
> adapter). I'm using kernel 3.1.5-1.
>
> I've tested it with the Bluez 4.96, and I've also compiled 4.97 but
> it's no better. I've tried using Alsa and PulseAudio, the problem is
> the same with both.  I've tried adjusting the link mode
> (accept,master) and link policies (hold,park) as recommended but it
> makes no difference.

What version of PulseAudio are you using? This problems with audio
skips are usually related to high bitpool, but there already exist a
fix upstream which reduces the bitpool in such cases.

> When I dual boot my laptop into Windows 7 and connect the speaker it
> works flawlessly. I'm able to take the speaker through 2 rooms (about
> 10 minutes), and it's still playing smoothly.

Not sure what bitpool Win 7 uses, but I suspect it is not as high as
the default in PA which allows up to 64 if the remote device supports.

--
Luiz Augusto von Dentz